Saturday, January 31, 2009

Almost Duped

I'm fretful tonight, I think because I was almost duped. I have a gift of discernment that God has been faithful of since my youth. My mother dabbled in the occult and had mystics around, and I was so afraid of spiritual deception, even as a teen, that it was a gift I prayed for in those days. The gift manifests by declarations and words sounding 'out of tune' to me. I fret. Somethings out of tune here.

Let me know how long it takes you to pick up on this.



Here are the lyrics:
Just a workin’ man without a job
It got shipped off to China via Washington, D.C.
And I know I’m nothin’ special, there are plenty more like me
Just the same
I thought I knew the rules of the game

I stood up for this country that I love
I came back from the desert to a wife and kids to feed
I’m not sayin’ Uncle Sam should give me what I need
My offer stands
I’ll pull my weight you give me half a chance

I went up to a congressman and said to him “you know
Our government is letting people down”
He said he’d need a lot of help to buck the status-quo
I said there was a bunch of us around

I’m a Born Again American, conceived in Liberty
My Bible is the Bill of Rights, my creed’s equality
I’m a Born Again American, my country ‘tis of me
And everyone who shares the dream from sea to shining sea

My brother’s welding chassis at the plant
He’s earning what our granddad did in 1948
While CEOs count bonuses behind the castle gates
How can they see
When all they care about’s the do re mi

It’s getting where there’s nowhere left to turn
Not since the crash of twenty-nine have things been so unfair
So many of our citizens are living in despair
The time has come
To reaffirm that hope’s not just for some

The promise of America’s surrendering to greed
The rule is just look out for number one
But brace yourself ‘cause some of us have sown a different seed
A harvest of the spirit has begun

I’m a Born Again American conceived in liberty
My Bible is The Bill Of Rights
My creed’s equality
A Born Again American, my country ‘tis of me
And everyone who shares the dream from sea to shining sea

It’s clear my country’s soul is on the line
She’s hungering for something that she lost along the way
The principle the framers called upon us to obey
That in this land
The people’s will must have the upper hand

I felt the calling once before and took a sacred vow
And faithful to that vow I have remained
I hear the calling once again, my country needs me now
And to her cause I have been re-ordained

I’m a Born Again American conceived in liberty
My Bible is the Bill Of Rights, all people living free
A Born Again American, my country ‘tis of me
And everyone who shares the dream
From sea to shining sea
And everyone who shares the dream
From sea to shining sea
A M E R I C A

Such great melody and the making of a great song. I didn't notice it on the first verse and chorus, though it sounded 'out of tune'. By the 2nd verse I knew it was off and I cried before the end.

This collective whining and complaining about what these people think is wrong with America has it's roots at the tower of Babel. Babel is the ancient origin of the modern notion that human collective bodies are more important than their individual members. Thus, it has generally been thought since the time of Babel that an individual's nation, his or her king as representative of the nation, and his or her racial, religious or ethnic group are more important than the individual. Therefore, the individual must be sacrificed to serve the self-defined interests of these groups, if need be. It is the OPPOSITE of what our founding fathers believed. They argued about the size of government too, but what won out was the value of individual liberty and self-reliance. We as INDIVIDUALS pursuing our own self interest, albeit common, we align as our self-interest aligns us.

Self interest, self reliance will be tomorrows sin in this new world order. What does that remind you of? We know what God thinks of this.

Yahweh came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men built. Yahweh said,
"Behold, they are one people, and they have all one language, and this is what they begin to do. Now nothing will be withheld from them, which they intend to do. Come, let's go down, and there confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech."
So Yahweh scattered them abroad from there on the surface of all the earth...

This new collective Kumbaya is directed to draw in the Christian right, no doubt. Country music, Patriotism, and hi-jacking an evangelical Christian term. Notice how it's "my country tis of ME and not THEE", as if taking responsibility is somehow more important than giving honor to the blessings of God. Or...my bible is the Bill of Rights, supplanting the Bible of course, as if our founding fathers didn't rely on God and prayer throughout the drafting of the bill of Rights. The Bill of Rights themselves are an affirmation of the inalienable rights given us by the Creator.

There is no limit to the size of the lie...as long as you can sell it.

1 comment:

Anthony said...

I think you nailed it! Thanks for posting this. I listened to the whole thing and realized something was amiss when they sang, "I’m a Born Again American, conceived in Liberty My Bible is the Bill of Rights, my creed’s equality I’m a Born Again American, my country ‘tis of me And everyone who shares the dream from sea to shining sea."

To me, that verse is complete and total liberal tripe.