1. She wants more time campaigning for other candidates.
2. We are in a FULL COURT PRESS from Washington.
3. She didn't want to put Alaskans through a year of a lame-duck governorship since she'd already decided to not run for re-election. The personal attacks on her has made it expensive for Alaskans to have her as Governor. It will be more efficient for Alaska, and it will insure an incumbant for the 2010 election.
I think that's brilliant. I also think it's brilliant that by NOT being governor she can use her star power to help win GOP elections all over the country in 2010 and in 2012. She'll stay in the limelight and she'll be poised to do whatever she wants, after she secures more financial freedom for her family. She can take the target off of her back, finish her book, and take on speaking engagments without the scrutny and restraints of public office. She's one who believes in a servant's heart.. no one even knows what that means in politics.
4. The cost to the state $2 million to investigate the frivolous ethics complaints, all of which so far have been thrown out, plus she took on personal legal bills to save the state $500,000 in defending against this stuff. She's in debt because of this.
This is really hurting the state. It costs nothing to fie a complaint, and the stalkers who do this do it every time she leaves the house. The complaints are complete bs, but have to be investigated nevertheless. She's going to do something about that. Bull to the lawyers who legislate this kind of crap...how can this be legal?
This is not ok. This is thuggish individuals abusing the system and victimizing an entire state. She believes in fiscal responsibility and efficiency. This is no longer efficient.
5. She's giving BHO a heads up on how to leave office with grace, instead of at gunpoint and in your pajamas.